Saturday, August 2, 2008

Saturday, August 02, 2008








Today I woke up very easily came in late last night from Berkeley, rested, showered, groomed, did my face. Bathed. I also went to the alano club this morning, and printed some documents at the GLBT center cyber center that I uploaded onto my intranet for LEEMCG.COM /.ORG /.NET I also looked over a few other matters, sent off some applications, printed resumes, and preformed other tasks.

My sponsor and theprsit think I am getting better, and maintaining balance much better, than previously. In addition, got over my hurt and pain. I also talked to JMT today, long time a BTP as well, and BAC also. Old Houston, Dallas and Austin connections.
I sent a few essays in, I also have a bill or two to take care of next week as well.

The reality of my self, is I need to work harder, and also obtain some rest as well, which is on my adgenda for the next few weeks as well.

I slept pretty good, and feel good, I also have some laundry to do later today and other affairs to attend to as well
Was reading the new York times on-line today I shall quote and cross post the article, which I feel her pain.


*** Begin Cross Post***
Death of a Transgender Woman Is Called a Hate Crime


• Sign In to E-Mail or Save This
• Print
• Reprints
• Share
o Linkedin
o Digg
o Facebook
o Mixx
o Yahoo! Buzz
o Permalink


By DAN FROSCH
Published: August 2, 2008
GREELEY, Colo. — Angie Zapata began living as a woman six years ago even though she was born male and named Justin.
Skip to next paragraph

Courtesy of Colorado Anti-Violence Program
Friends said Angie Zapata, who was found dead on July 17, was a glamorous figure in Greeley.

The New York Times
While Ms. Zapata, 18, was accepted by her many friends and five siblings, she was bullied in school and at times was lonely and troubled, an older sister, Monica, said. Eventually, Ms. Zapata dropped out of school and got her own apartment here in Greeley.
It was in that apartment that Ms. Zapata’s badly beaten body was found on July 17.
On Wednesday, the police arrested Allen R. Andrade, 31, and charged him with murder. According to the authorities, Mr. Andrade had gone out on a date with Ms. Zapata, and upon discovering she had male genitalia, beat her to death —starting with his fists and then with a fire extinguisher.
Mr. Andrade told investigators that he thought he had “killed it,” according to an affidavit filed by the police. Mr. Andrade, who is in custody, has said nothing publicly about the killing, and his arraignment has not yet been scheduled.
On Thursday, the Weld County district attorney announced that he would prosecute the killing as a hate crime, which carries an additional 18-month sentence if Mr. Andrade is convicted.
“We applied the law to the facts, and we thought the law was appropriate,” said the district attorney, Kenneth R. Buck.
The killing has both shaken and rallied this rural, conservative town about 60 miles north of Denver, where there has long been a sense that minorities face discrimination, a feeling that became especially inflamed among Hispanics after a federal immigration raid on a meatpacking plant here in 2006.
“We’ve heard from so many people expressing not only just outrage but also shock as to how this could happen,” said Chris Fiene, a board member for the Lambda Community Center in nearby Fort Collins, which provides services for the gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender community.
At a recent memorial service, nearly 200 people filled the church Ms. Zapata had attended. A vigil is being planned for this month. With her long hair, baby-smooth face and distinctive looks, Ms. Zapata cut a glamorous figure, friends and family members said.
“We loved to take her out, because she got so much attention,” her sister Monica, 32, said. “I couldn’t even take her to Wal-Mart because people would turn around. Everybody knew Angie.”
According to the Colorado Anti-Violence Program, there were 121 incidents of violence committed against gay, lesbian, bisexual or transgender people in Colorado last year, numbers that have held relatively steady over the past few years.
In 2007, however, there was a 24 percent increase nationally in the number of victims reporting such violence, said Avy Skolnik, coordinator of statewide and national programs for the National Anti-Violence Project in New York City. Ms. Zapata’s death is emblematic of a surge in the violence over the past month, Mr. Skolnik said.
Ms. Zapata had dreamed of moving to Denver, becoming a professional drag queen and working as a cosmetologist. But she started hanging out with a rough crowd and dated too many men, some of them dangerous, her sister said.
“One time she came home crying saying, ‘Why, Monica, why won’t people accept me?’ ” Monica Zapata said. “All my sister wanted was somebody who would take her down the street and be proud of who she was.”
Monica Zapata said her sister had drifted into drugs and at one point talked about prostitution to make extra money.
“I worried about her every time she left my house,” she said. “I couldn’t fix her loneliness.”
According to an arrest affidavit, Ms. Zapata met Mr. Andrade on an Internet dating site. They spent time together at Ms. Zapata’s apartment on July 15, and she performed oral sex on him. But Mr. Andrade told the police that Ms. Zapata would not let him touch her, and that they slept in separate rooms that night.
The next evening, after viewing photographs in her apartment, Mr. Andrade confronted Ms. Zapata over her sexual identity just before killing her, the affidavit said. “I am all woman,” Ms. Zapata told him, according to the affidavit.
**End Crosspost ,from new York times on-line site link here,

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/08/02/us/02murder.html?_r=1&ref=us&oref=slogin


***end of crosspost***

Blah, I feel empty inside given I don’t from gender, or my gender steortypes, or fall into the tyopical woman per say, I feel alone, and lost, I also have known indiviudlas that that happened to, on another occasion I saw a woman get hurt, and lied on at a New Orleans Wal-Mart and hurt badly (which has gender identity protections in the law)
Ate ok and rested have a few other affrairs and to follow up with that resume, and cover letter and letter of intrest, as well as a few rentals. I have to go to the doc this week, and the fedrial building to take care of a few other issues.

I am almost done with my various and varied spiritual exparance and time to fire up my pick up truck, and get back to the hard work and overtime, balance and disiplaine must be maintained
--
Lee McInnis Gaetjens
Ind Contractor / Web Mistress leemcg.com
PO Box 425081
San Francisco, CA 94142
mcinnisleegaetjens@gmail.com
(713) 578-0016
http://mlgaetjens.livejournal.com (blog)
http://mlgaetjens.photobucket.com (photos)
http://www.leemcg.com/ (Website)
http://www.transitioningfemale.com/ (blog simulcast untill transfered to moveable type)
mlgaetjens- yahoo messenger
mlgaetjens2038 - aim/aol messenger

No comments: