Sunday, August 24, 2008

Leigh “Lee” McInnis Gaetjens
PO Box 425081 San Francisco, CA 94142
(713) 578-0016 www,leemcg.com * leemcg@leemcg.com (415) 678-0859

Sunday, August 24, 2008
Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints-
Bishop Or Branch President
San Francisco YSA Ward
1601 22nd ave San Francisco, CA 94142



Subject: prop 8 from a (prior) member whom was NOT ex-commutated

Dear Bishopric of San Francisco,

My (Prior) Name was McInnis Lee Gaetjens; I was born on January 18th 1981 to Kathryn McInnis Gay and Martin Clark Gaetjens, to good parents. My father in my youth started binge drinking and became an alcoholic. My parents split my mother went back to her hometown of New Orleans, LA. My father was originally from New York City. My Parents moved here in the late 1960s/ early 1970s.

I was a convert to the church in Harvey, LA at the west bank Its ward, under the bishopric and later branch president of John Friday whom served there for a years and later resigned due to being displaced by his job with hurricane Katrina.

I was semi-active in the New Orleans YSA ward, the the Brays Bayou YSA Yard in Houston, Texas. I feel away from the church in Louisiana long before Katrina. I do believe in the church, but my Transsexual /Gender Identity and sexual orientation, caused me much comfort, with relocating to Houston, Texas for my job after Katrina. For a while, I was with the Sam Houston YSA Ward, under Bishop Craig Petty.

I started binge drinking around Christmas 2005, and drank until 7-13-2007 off and on, struggling with my issues, I am writing this letter to this disgust and questionable legal status of the church as a 501©3 non-profit medaling in police rallying and activism.

I also can tell you from personal experience in cities I have vested many people don’t speak up, about the pain, I drank because I was afraid, I was abused at my job in Houston, I was abused in my apartment, I had my home violated, and was blackmailed and extorted due to the state of Texas, my drinking and self-distortive behavior. It is likely I will never recive justice for my hate crime and sexual assault by co-workers. I could not turn to the church for help, however I do know many closeted members even some married and on bishoprics, high councils, and other callings.

The point is the church teaches that we are supposed to be kind and loving, and respectful of individually, many of us commit suicide, adultery or drink or fall into other vices. I think the church should change just as it did with African Americans and the priesthood in 1978.

The church widespread discirmaties in a state, and sponsors dicirmation for voters and individuals freedoms and civil liberties . The local leadership and high counsel and headquarters in salt lake city should allow us equal privileges and rights


I would like to sit down and discuss this matter with you


I can be reached at

(415) 678-0859
Leigh McInnis Gaetjens is my current legal name
PO Box 425081
San Francisco, CA 94142
LEEMCG @ LEEMCG .COM
WWW. LEEMCG.COM(blog/photos/art/webpage)


For the most Part, I still do believe in the church but why should I worship where I am actively persecuted against, and I do follow the principles and teaching of the church, with the exception of some, which discriminate and are old and dated to GLBTQ members.

The reason I became sober at Lambda Center in Houston Texas was due to having a vision, similar to Joseph smith, I was in an auto accident, and was Tazered, beaten, and handcuffed and lost 3 hours of my life in cardaric arrest, heart attacks and blackouts in Jan 2007 ,

Furthermore, band as a direct result to my actions served sometime in The Harris County Jail Saw my (dead) mother, relative and also was told I was loved, and still feel my heavenly father, and know he loves me for the real “me”.

it angers me that I am unwelcome to worship in a church whom actively discriminates against Transsexual-women, and I left, I would love to rejoin, but why rejoin if I am unwelcome.

would love to come back, but I am unwelcome there obviously so for the moment and appears the forgeable future.
I would Like to discuss matters with you via telephone, email and face to face.




Your sister in Christ and Sobriety,


Leigh “LEE” McInnis Gaetjens
--
Lee McInnis Gaetjens
Ind Contractor / Web Mistress leemcg.com
PO Box 425081
San Francisco, CA 94142
mcinnisleegaetjens@gmail.com
(713) 578-0016
http://mlgaetjens.livejournal.com (blog)
http://mlgaetjens.photobucket.com (photos)
http://www.leemcg.com/ (Website)
http://www.transitioningfemale.com/ (blog simulcast untill transfered to moveable type)
mlgaetjens- yahoo messenger
mlgaetjens2038 - aim/aol messenger

No comments: