Monday, June 30, 2008

Monday, June 30, 2008
Worked as EVENT STAFF during San Francisco Pride 2008, yesterday. Had a bad morning was discriminated against, sent revised (e-mail) to NCLR and a few city groups, about sitting down in mediation about decimation and ways to bring change with policy changes with city leaders, I think NCLR would be a good moderator, I also forwarded a copy to a few quinces in the Transgender Law Center and a few folks in the community and I trust.

Went to a meeting this morning woke up at very early to meet my fouram COMMITMENT, I also started my fourth step, and have a few things to work out today as well. I walked a bit, and did a few other things.
I didn’t go to the LDS church to protests the gLBT marriage with the ribbons, I didn’t feel it would be good on the bishop given it’s a border line ex-able’ offence.

Grateful for

1.) Being able to stand up (within reason) for my rights
2.) The weather
3.) Being able to march & work and have fun (seriously though a bit rough and butch) in the parade yesterday as an event staff
4.) Resting
5.) Having folks who care
6.) Being able to find myself, and know who I stand for.
7.) Being able to speak up for myself.
8.) The weather, to be able to witness this historic pride
9.) Being able to work and change and admit faults to friends and allies I hurt in the past
10.) Being able to be powerless over the present but to work to change the future, with a positive affirming attitude


Things to do
1.) Laundry
2.) Post office
3.) Job Hunt
4.) Make personal and business calls
5.) Rest Relax
--
Lee McInnis Gaetjens
Ind Contractor / Web Mistress leemcg.com
PO Box 425081
San Francisco, CA 94142
mcinnisleegaetjens@gmail.com
(713) 578-0016
http://mlgaetjens.livejournal.com (blog)
http://mlgaetjens.photobucket.com (photos)
http://www.leemcg.com/ (Website)
http://www.transitioningfemale.com/ (blog simulcast untill transfered to moveable type)
mlgaetjens- yahoo messenger
mlgaetjens2038 - aim/aol messenger

No comments: