Thursday, January 31, 2008

Life in the sunshine state to the Lone star State finding Zen enlightment and my trueself

01/31/08


The reality of the truth I created, called RH to wish him a happy birthday of 49 years of severity. Ray hill is one of my heroes even though he is 2000 miles away. Did some research on bringing my pickup truck to California sometime in the fall after I get settled, made contacts at the city collage for schooling, and becoming A+ certified, and going to school for IT.


Had a friend who works in Law Enforcement check out my father, I figured out why I see him often and on occasion. He lives near the GLBT center, and lives in san Francisco and moved back int eh city, my dad needs to do some step work as do I with him. I wont bitch to much about that.


Went to a meeting this morning, and took care of business, and have other plans later today, spoke to a few friends, and have appointments and tasks to finish and at hand. I also called my folks, and took care of other affairs.


I'm going to have to get my truck weighed by a weighmatser or moving and storage company. And other tasks. Lucky for me its a California emissions model. And even the engine and intake mods are CARB approved. Made a few new friends.


Got a case manager at the Tg drop in center, and have other tasks, I also downloaded some DPS and Legal forms for the California DPS, and did some filming and 2nd work for the movie Milk about the Harvey Milk riots of the late 1970s and start of the modern GLBT movement.


The city and state has apportioned funds for Transgender employment, and collage maybe I will get some of the funding I watched the press conference in city hall, I was coming from the library and met some cool Trans gender activists and lobbyists, I also did some research and might be able to get employment, for a lobbyist group for HRC and fighting for trans gender rights and awareness and get paid to do such, educating and informing employers, businesses and places on Trans gender awareness.


Today I was walking down the street and I saw a jody foster look alike, looked darn near close it might have really been her who knows I was in the Castro, and now shes out and proud. The San Francisco Public Library has a large collection of GLBT books, magazines and media that amuses me and much on coding and web development.


I had some of the documents sent over and shall see, my friend might have some shoes for me later. I also am worried about my friend, I also feel some folks with their phobia, and found a girl who acts like I used to, and very unladylike like and disgusting and a embarrassment to women and trans-women.


It amazes me sober, the drug culture out here, and folks walking down the street smoking pot like its a cig. Or the hard drugs I see the messed up trans folk, LSD, Heroin, PCP, meth, crack, coke, XTC, etc.


But the LSD and other hard stuff is amazing, and also amazing when someones walking down the street smoking pot how strong it is compared to the southern states, I'm glad to be clean, and sober and almost 7 months, and have what others don't hope, faith and a possibly better future and brighter tomorrow.


I miss my folks, I miss being able to talk to my grandmother, and folks about things, and my grandmother continues to use improper pro-nouns in me, I get missed a lot more or “miss” more and more out here., I'm tired of it, I wonder if its worth it. I have a few dating prospects some good, right now I need to work on me. One outside the city a bit in the countryside, and in the hot hills where A/C is the norm unlike SFO.


I also miss my friends, mentors. Carter, sonny, other folks at LAMBA some I had a crush on, I miss Taft Street, I miss Inversion, Hollywood Bistro, Catalina Coffee, Cafe Artiste, I miss going to various churches in Houston, The Quakers, UU, MCC and the liberal baptist Church miss late night runs to Kroger, I miss wal-mart, target, the resale shops on westheimer, I miss montrose, I miss pride. I'm feeling better and getting over my cold. I miss Nancy B, Kathy F, other folks. I miss 80s music, I miss county music, I miss Gothic, punk, dance, industrial.. I also Miss Dave from Lamba, and Danlle, Kam, and others from my past.


I also hope one day, Christan W, Lilly R, and others I harmed, did nasty things to with my drinking and substance abuse one day we can become friends or I can be welcomed back, I am out here roughing it and building a new life for myself, to ensure sobriety. I think after time one day I might show up to one of her TG meetings in about 5 years maybe on a vacation or so. I miss Texas, and have long term amends to make but I love (SFO) but I need to do the right thing by those I wronged.

--
Lee McInnis Gaetjens
Ind Contractor / Web Mistress leemcg.com
PO Box 66471
Houston, Texas 77266-6471
mcinnisleegaetjens@gmail.com
(713) 578-0016
http://mlgaetjens.livejournal.com (blog)
http://mlgaetjens.photobucket.com (photos)
http://www.leemcg.com/ (Website)
http://www.transitioningfemale.com/ (blog simulcast untill transfered to moveable type)

No comments: