Monday, January 28, 2008

Life IN the bay of happyness

01/27/08



Monday is open trans thrive is closed until wed this week, shelter is ok, have to renew on Tuesday have an appointment at the GA and Food stamp office, wed the trans gender employment empowerment committee has a meeting at the glbt center.


Found a nice coffee shop sort of close by, also did some reading this weekend at the public library which is from trans men or other folks dangerous by the security forces for trans gender folks, and confusion. The cops shot some nut job today homeless who pulled a knife, they have been nice to me, given I am clean, sober, and staying out of trouble and trying to better myself the officers have been very kind to me, and helpful and followed up.



Its rough here but the affirmation and progress slow and steady is worth it, the disibilliy advocacy group and life is moving along Monday or Tuesday I should have food stamps and can go to safe way to get bread and some fruit for my vegan diet, the folks from the UU church were nice to me, went out to this middle eastern veggy restraint and ate ok, and for 4 bucks for my share was ok. Met some cool lesbian girls who were nice, and some other lib rial minded straight folks, who were nice, have some folks to watch the L word with later.


I admit I am lonely, went to the marina dock today and the Alano club, have a commitment tomorrow to meet my sponsor for queers crackpots and fallen women at the Alano club in the bay area, slept good, and still working hard to move on.


Ive grown to appreciate soup, sweaters, mittens, scarves, hats, beanies, and stockings and comfortable shoes for going up hills. The 6th approach and can tie into services at a program and Tuesday can follow up with Taylor at tarc, found a hotel and place I like once my divisibility rolls in and I can go to city collage for a training program and applied for employment and empowerment, applied at the gap, and American apperial. For back room and a stock girl.


In other news, did a bunch of walking today, and my doctor is wonderful, filled my scripts yesterday, and admitted powerless over my problems, it saddens me to see so many folks who gave up hope here, and the confusion and panic that exists amongst those strung out on pot, or folks walking down the street smoking a joint, and cops don't care. The drug culture here is well very strong.


I wish others could have what I have, I wish those I encounter and I did meet another lady at a shelter that wants what I have, and is in a simulr situation and is sober, but never used or drank, but doesn't use. The vast majority need help and don't want it, I want a better future self-supporting, others don't in the wasteland, thats why the cops I think are nice to me, I am nice to them, calm and collected trying to make it in a world. And honest about my past, and misdemeanors, and not causing trouble. They treat me with respect.



01/28/08


Talked to MLS a bit last night, have a TG support meeting later, and other things to do, Might go hang out with my friend later in the building I plan to move into soon as well. Ate some cookies this morning and had coffee, watched others around me in insanity, hung out a bit in the Castro last night with some coffee, have my TG support meeting, renewed my housing, and have an appointment Tuesday at the food stamp office. Have a hotel in mind thats a bit nicer than the run of the mill crackpots, has a bathroom and shower in room, as well as a community room with a computer and direct tv which they get the LOGO channel, and showtime and hbo. So the L word, queer as folk etc are rocking there plus my friend lives there two thats also clean and sober and TG and awesome as well.


The drop in center is open later this week on wed, a shower is nice, have to do to laundry, and socks, my friend might have a pair of flats for me, and I have other things to work out and push for my appointments life, and future.


I also have to meet with my sponsor today, and go to queers crackpots and fallen woemn, and enjoyed the marina dock, and alano club, and had fun at the MCC and keep comeing back

--
Lee McInnis Gaetjens
Ind Contractor / Web Mistress leemcg.com
PO Box 66471
Houston, Texas 77266-6471
mcinnisleegaetjens@gmail.com
(713) 578-0016
http://mlgaetjens.livejournal.com (blog)
http://mlgaetjens.photobucket.com (photos)
http://www.leemcg.com/ (Website)
http://www.transitioningfemale.com/ (blog simulcast untill transfered to moveable type)

No comments: